Holy Angel’s Elementary School, Yuba City

A page from a book made by a student after the flood.

The Sisters had just opened Holy Angel’s School at St. Isidore’s Parish when the tragic Christmas flood of 1955 covered it to the roof. Dug out and scrubbed down, school reopened on February 2, 1956, and has been going strong (and dry) ever since. Sisters staffed the school till June 1972.

The school is now known as St. Isidore Catholic School.