St. Thomas More opened with first, second and third grades in 1966. Do you remember Sister Ann Carmel the first principal? She shares this account: "The first day of school everyone was present and accounted for, 150 or so bright-eyed children for grades 1, 2 and 3. Sisters Jean Robeson, Marilyn Smith and myself, plus all the parent aides were ready. Father Joseph Doogan was there to bless us …we were ALL so excited."
Sisters who taught or administered at the school include:
- Ann Carmel Badalamente, 1966-1972
- Dolores Fowler (Gregory Marie), 1980-1984
- Margaret Lederer (Joseph Louise), 1976-1983
- Kay McMullen (Ann Catherine), 1968-1970
- Andrea Medoza (Teresita), 1973
- Peggy Offley (Robert), 1975-1978
- Theresa Reis (Helen Marie), 1972-1973
- Jean Robeson, 1966-?
- Sharon Skain (Mary Fidelis), 1969-1970
- Marilyn Smith (Maureen), 1966-1973
- Julie Marie Thorpe, 1972-1973